Having the ability to identify problems before they result in downtime and loss of earnings must surely be an advantage to any business, irrespective of its size or IT maturity …
Server management, network management, performance and availability management – these are all elements of what we at BDNS refer to generally as Systems Management. Systems Management encompasses all mechanisms, methodologies and processes that allow you to gain a better understanding and clearer vision of the systems that your business relies upon to operate profitably on a daily basis.
So why, you may well ask, do I need to employ such systems in my organisation?
The answer to this question lies in your organisation’s dependence on its IT systems in order to transact. Have you considered the consequences of sudden and prolonged outages of key systems? It often takes a catastrophic failure for us to realise just how indispensable some of our systems are.
BDNS has developed a range of services that address this specific need, with the view to providing exceptional visibility of your IT infrastructure, and a mechanism to allow you, your support staff and technology partners to proactively respond to potential issues before they result in downtime.
Our business is too small to warrant the deployment of a Systems Management solution …
Not so! Whilst it is true that management systems are expensive to license and deploy, this is only the case where standalone solutions are concerned. BDNS takes a different approach to the provision of management solutions.
By deploying a centralised, cloud-based management solution, we are able to distribute the traditional costs associated with management systems, whilst still providing you with all of the benefits of a standalone solution.
Should my organisation deploy such a solution, what are the benefits?
The benefits of carefully considered Systems Management are numerous, and they all equate to greater infrastructure stability and business continuity.
- Simple and effective visual overview of the status of your IT infrastructure.
- Customisable views to better enable problem identification through meaningful visual representation of your infrastructure.
- Customisable notifications for all types of sensors based on your specific needs.
- Intuitive monitoring that baselines the infrastructure and notifies you of unusual sensor behaviour allowing you to pre-empt problems.
- In conjunction with our Helpdesk, we are able to notify you, your internal staff and your various support partners of issues pertaining to the IT infrastructure for which they are responsible. Our Helpdesk will log all calls on our systems and provide access to this, as well as provide reporting on the status of all calls logged by BDNS.
- BDNS offers an in depth analysis and reporting service that works hand-in-hand with the monitoring service. This element assists you in identifying common and recurring issues with a view to eradicating these altogether. Analysis and reporting is a key part of the Continuous Improvement Process.
The most important benefit is the fact that you will be able to ensure higher and more reliable availability of your key IT systems, which will have a positive effect on the productivity and profitability of your business.
What can be managed by the BDNS Managed Service Centre?
BDNS is able to monitor pretty much any device or system that has an IP connection to the network. We employ a variety of different monitoring protocols and sensors depending on the technology and systems being monitored. These include:
- More than 115 sensor types covering all aspects of network monitoring
- Uptime/Downtime Monitoring
- Bandwidth Monitoring using SNMP, WMI, NetFlow, sFlow, jFlow and Packet Sniffing
- Application Monitoring
- Virtual Server Monitoring (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- SLA monitoring
- QoS Monitoring including Jitter
- Environmental Monitoring
- LAN, WAN, VPN, and Multiple Site Monitoring
- Extensive event logging, notification and alerting options
- IPv6 support
- Agentless monitoring (optional agents, or remote probes, allow monitoring for even deeper metrics)
Technology exists today that enables us to monitor, via IP, even those systems not normally connected to the IP network. Signals are transmitted via SNMP to our management systems, and can be customised to almost any system.
Make an appointment with us today to discuss your specific business needs, we will arrange to implement a Proof of Concept for you to assess the true value of BDNS’s Systems Management solution and our Managed Service Centre.